Sunday, January 08, 2006

January 7, 2006

Today (Saturday) was a restful day for me. I didn’t get into the wheel chair until 3;00. I was able to stay in the wheel chair for about 4.5 hours. The new wheel chair I have is electric, and offers me much more self- independence, and speed! My dad and sister, Kaitlyn, brought my dog Sadie as a surprise today. She, Sadie, immediately jumped up on my lap and started licking my face. I had to use the strength I have regained during therapy to fend her off. I then took the wheel Chair for a spin, with Sadie on my lap. It was very similar to the times that I gave Sadie rides in my jeep, in that she sat on my lap with her tongue and ears flapping in the breeze.

I had many visitors today, special thanks to Jeff Jackson who brought me a basketball signed by all my Saturday morning basketball buddies. I have enjoyed all of the gifts and visitors I have had, many of which have been especially touching to me. One of these gifts was a giant get- well card signed by many of my co- workers at Bailey’s moving and storage. This great card was bought by my awesome and supportive boss, Chris Becker, who visits me frequently, along with Duane Karrey, my dispatcher, and one of bailey’s owners, an amazing man named Kevin Beckstead. Another awesome gift was from my Aunt Julie who gave me a photo album with pictures of and notes from my Granny, Grampa, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and friends. Last, but certainly not least, I have enjoyed contributing to my brother Tyler’s gift to me, this website. I hope that you all continue to enjoy it as much as I have. Thanks to Kaitlyn for typing today’s post, and thank you all for your prayers, emails, phone calls, and visits.

Love, Ryan

No comments: