Tuesday, January 24, 2006

January 24, 2006

Monday was a day of tests. I had an ultrasound on my arms to look for blood clots. I then had a CT scan to look at the placement of my blood filter. I also had a lot of blood work done. It looks like I am predisposed to clots and there is a small clot in my arm. The blood filter seems to be working okay and there aren’t any other clots around the filter which is located in the inferior vena cava.

Tuesday I was able to attend three of my classes, stay in the wheelchair for about three hours and experience a slowly increasing appetite. This is huge progress compared to how I’ve felt during the past week. My physical therapist stretched my legs this morning – which, due to the blood clots, we haven’t been able to do since last Thursday. I had a much needed nap and got ready for my 1:00 pm educational class. I then went to occupational therapy where we worked on arm workouts and mobility. My last class was “power hour” a brief explanation about different kinds of power wheelchairs. After this class I headed to bed to rest up for tomorrow.

I’m still experiencing nerve pain around my bladder and abdomen which feels like a firey pain. It is interesting yet frustrating that I cannot move or feel below the top of my chest yet I can still experience major pain far below my level of injury. I know that in time this will most likely go away.

I wanted to share with you a thought Darrell and Tonya Luzzo’s family sent to me.

“Remember who you are! Knowing who you are changes what you do.”


Love, Ryan

No comments: