Last night Ryan dictated the information in his blog. Unfortunately we were unable to save it on his site so we'll rewrite it today.
Today has been my best day just as every day and even every minute improves. I stayed up in my wheel chair for four and one-half hours and did physical therapy and occupational therapy. On Wednesday I used 1.5 pound wrist weights and today I used five pound wrist weights to do bicep curls. Gail, my physical therapist, doesn't let me hold dumbbells in my hands because she says my fingers don't have the strength to hold them confidently, especially since I would be holding them over her toes. Therapy was exhausting so I came back to my room and took a three and one-half hour nap.
We had a delicious meal from our Relief Society President, Linda Ingersoll. I also had lots of great visitors. My sister, Hayley, stayed with me on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I love having one-on-one time with my family.
Tonight they had a panel of Craig graduates come to talk to parents and patients. I was to tired to go but my parents and sisters went. Later, two of the people on the panel came by my room and talked with me. Chanda was shot in the neck when she was nine years old and is Miss Wheelchair
Emails, telephone calls and especially visits from friends and family have been the best possible therapy these past two weeks. I go to bed every night very happy and optomistic about my situation and thinking of you as I close my eyes.
I love and appreciate you all very much.
Ryan
Friday, January 06, 2006
January 5, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment