December 29, 2008
Elder Marlatt has made it home safely to Washington state and Elder Farrell has joined Elder Milovich and I in the Durham 3rd Singles ward! I knew Elder Farrell as Jack back at BYU! We had Physical Science and a lab together. He even pushed me up the hill to class once when we were running late. We also sat next to each other at a few BYU volleyball games after he broke his leg and had to use a wheelchair. He is a good teacher and a hard worker!
I was at a doctor appointment when the Elders saw a member of UNC's Basketball team walk into a restaurant on Franklin Street, the happening place of Chapel Hill. Elder Milovich was thus prompted to eat at the same restaurant/pharmacy, Sutton's Drugstore. While there, a bunch more players walked in and, you guessed it, Elder Milovich got his picture with everyone of them. There are now only a handful of players he hasn't gotten his picture with!
At my doctor's appointment, my doctor told me that there was a young man who had received an injury similar to mine at the c6-c7 level of the neck. Last night, the Spanish Elders and I went to visit him.
It is hard to express my gratitude for the Gospel. This young man was hopeless, like so many others I had seen in the hospital and in so many other places. I told Elder Farrell that he was just so sad and wondered how we could help.
Elder Farrell pointed out that not everyone can have a good attitude because not everyone has the Gospel. His comment made me realize again how grateful I ought to be for what I have been given, and how I ought to share it with others as much as I can.
We had a great Christmas. We went to a bishopric member's for breakfast and another Bishop's home for dinner.
Thank you all very much for your cards and gifts. It was wonderful to see pictures of friends and family, especially a 'Walters Family Reunion’ book. Thank you especially to all who were involved in making that.
Happy New Year!
Elder Walters
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment