September 17, 2007
Hi! We had another BUSY week! On Thursday, we had a visit from Elder Dunn of the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy. It was great! We all met him and shook his hand. Then we heard really great talks from President and Sister Wallis and a few missionaries. Elder Dunn then spoke for about forty-five minutes or so. It was really good and he spoke a lot about the importance of worthiness.
I met him afterwards, and we talked about my service as a missionary. He asked if there was anything he could help me out with. He also gave great suggestions and really helped me realize how I could better accomplish my goals. He asked how the work had been going, and I was open in telling him that it had been difficult so far. He said missionary work is always difficult even without extra challenges to master and factors to consider. I told him that I believed missionary work was 1. hard and 2. worth it. He counseled and encouraged me and offered to give me a blessing. I really appreciated that. The blessing was simple and sweet and amazing. I really felt the love that Heavenly Father has for me as Elder Dunn put his hands on my head and spoke as the spirit directed. Mostly, I remember these powerful feelings but he also blessed me with three special things: great strength in my body, the ability to use my disability to my advantage as I preach the Gospel, and the counsel that I should communicate openly and often with my companions and President Wallis.
We also had the opportunity to teach a great message last night about the restoration. It was awesome feeling the spirit direct us on what to say. We were about to start the lesson and invited a young man speaking with our investigator and her friend to hear our message. He really added to the lesson, sharing his testimony of Christ and of God’s love for us. We’re teaching both of them tomorrow, and I’m so excited! I agree with Elder Dunn that teaching is the best part of missionary work, finding is the hardest and baptism will be like the dessert.
Missionary work IS hard, and I know from the blessings that the Gospel has given my life, that it IS worth it.
Love,
Elder Walters
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment