October 20, 2008
Elder John Madsen from the first quorum of the Seventy came to tour our mission this week! We got to hear him and Sister Madsen speak on Friday along with President and Sister Wallis. Sister Wallis spoke on faith and President spoke on sacrifice. Sister Madsen talked about William Tyndale, a reformer, and Elder Madsen spoke on the Gospel being the Atonement.
Doctrine and Covenants 97:8 says we must be willing to obey our covenants by sacrifice, every sacrifice the Lord requires. Sometimes the Lord has us give up the things we want more than almost anything else…in exchange for what we do want more than anything else.
I’ve wondered lately how Abraham went as he took Isaac to be sacrificed. The point is that Abraham was willing to do whatever the Lord wanted, no matter if it cost Abraham the greatest blessing he thought he’d never have. I’ve wondered what it is that I ought to give up, sacrifice, so that I can live my covenants more fully.
I love you all and appreciate your prayers and support!
Love,
Elder Walters
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment