Maria is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
Her baptism yesterday was great. I have never seen or heard of so many people at a baptism! There were tons of members of the ward there along with some of Maria’s friends from school, her uncle and aunt, and the families of two of her friends on missions.
It was neat to have a huge group of people that support her in one room. We used the chapel, because there wasn’t enough room in the Relief Society room!
After her friend’s dad spoke on baptism, Maria, Elder Milovich, Elder Gillins and I headed down to the baptismal font. The Elders helped me down to a plastic chair in the font and Elder Gillins helped stabilize me on the chair. Everyone came into the Relief Society room and Maria came down into the font. The second attempt I got her right elbow totally immersed and she was confirmed by Brother Nichols.
It was a great experience for her and we were all glad to be a part of it!
Thanks for your letters and support and prayers!
Elder Walters
No comments:
Post a Comment