Monday, April 07, 2008

TRANSFERS!

Elder Roseman is saying goodbye to Chapel Hill as District Leader and is headed to Fayetteville as a Zone Leader. He’s been in Chapel Hill for 6 months now and is having a tough time saying goodbye to the ward. Elder Christman and I will find out tomorrow who our new companion is!

I think that General Conference for a missionary is a lot like Christmas for a five-year-old. I love General Conference! What an increase in testimony, energy and gratitude we are blessed with every six months!

Elder Roseman and I realized soon after President Hinckley’s passing that we would have the opportunity soon to watch the Prophet’s mantle pass to another while we were serving as missionaries. How amazing this weekend has been for me, to see that the work continues to roll forth, as President Hinckley said, ‘like a stone cut from the mountain.’

It is so wonderful to hear a Prophets’ voice. I think they said Conference was being broadcast to 92 countries in 96 different languages. How amazing is that! So many people have the opportunity to watch/listen to/attend conference. Then we have the opportunity to read/watch/hear conference again and remember the witnesses we had from the Holy Ghost! I really liked President Monson’s advice, “Let’s incorporate this into our lives.”

It’s like Heavenly Father gives us the energy, direction and inspiration to improve our lives and come closer to Him then gives us a time period to act on it. Then, when we’ve tried our best for six months, we have the opportunity to come back and be inspired and instructed again by continuing revelation.

I love General Conference!!!

Thanks for all of your prayers, love, support and letters!

Elder Walters

No comments: