Thursday, April 03, 2008

I love you!!!!! even when I don't write, and I will try to write every week.

April 3, 2008

Elder Roseman and I had a neat experience while we were stopping by some less active members in Durham a few weeks ago. Elder Roseman went up to the second floor of the apartment complex while I waited on the sidewalk below, keeping an eye on him.

The young man we were looking for, Juan, had apparently moved out some time ago, however Elder Roseman began to teach Javier, the young man who answered the door. We pray to find people that have been prepared by the Lord, the elect, and Javier is a perfect example of someone that was prepared beforehand! He has simply soaked up the Gospel, and has been very touched by the Holy Ghost as he learned.

The Raleigh Sidewinders got to play in the United States Quad Rugby Association’s Atlantic Sectional Playoffs! The best 8 teams in the Atlantic area were invited, and the Sidewinders squeaked in the 8th place spot by scoring the game-winning goal in the last few seconds of a tournament a month ago. So we came into sectionals seeded last, but came out in 7th place after beating the Carolina Crash. We had a great weekend and learned a lot as a team. We also got to play with some of the best players and teams in the world. I love playing Wheelchair Rugby! There is such a bond between the players, regardless of whose team you are on. It is so easy to just start talking to other players. We’ve all been through similar challenges so there is a brotherhood in this sport that I have never seen in any other sport! It is also great exercise!

On Saint Patrick’s Day, we met Daniel as we were shopping for the week. He had glasses, a mustache, and longer hair and was very friendly and scatterbrained. He just walked up and asked me, “So what happened to you?” It was fun as we talked about the Gospel and his past experiences with religion, and his belief in God and how He helps us through our trials. He hadn’t realized I was a missionary, since I was shopping in jeans, and was really excited to meet with us, so excited he called me several times later that day to see if our schedule changed so we could meet earlier. It was really a neat experience, because I had prayed specifically that I could find someone that p-day to talk with about the Gospel. We have since met with him a few times, and had some great lessons and spiritual experiences. He really feels the Spirit as we pray.

Thank you for all of your letters and prayers! I will try to write more consistently!

Elder Walters

No comments: