Tuesday, January 08, 2008

GRADITUDE

We missed Elder Walter’s letter on Monday. Whenever I don’t hear from him on Monday, I call his health care provider to make sure he isn’t sick. Sue said Ryan was getting a quad rugby game together on his preparation day and that he was feeling GREAT! I don’t know if the other Elders were going to play with him or some of his team members from the Raleigh Sidewinders. I’m happy to sacrifice a letter knowing he is doing something he loves!

We wanted to let you know we enjoyed a wonderful phone call from Elder Walters on Christmas. Barry and I both commented afterwards what a nice call it was. Ryan is very peaceful and happy in his surroundings on his mission in North Carolina. He has developed meaningful relationships with his companions and Brother Nichols as well as the students in the Chapel Hill Ward. He adores President and Sister Wallis and his testimony has grown as he feels the love of our Savior in acts of service he witnesses on a daily basis.

Ryan spent Christmas Eve with his two companions at Brother and Sister Nichols' home and Christmas Day with four other Elders at a Bishop's home. After talking with him, Barry and I felt very content with where Ryan is and the work he is doing. Our lives have been blessed as he has put all of his effort into being a full-time missionary.

On our way to Aunt Kalle's and Uncle Paul's home for Christmas Eve, Barry, Kate and I stopped at Craig Hospital. Kaitlyn had made caramel and chocolate dipped pretzels for the patients and staff at Craig. It was nice to visit with the patients and staff. Each patient we talked with asked where Ryan was now . . . it was good to be able to reflect back on the last two years and realize the progress Ryan has made . . . spending five months at Craig and rehabilitating to the best of his ability, a year at BYU and more rehabilitation at Neuroworx and now serving his mission for the last six months. Ryan has been blessed with a beautiful spirit and we couldn't love him move. We are grateful everyday to have him in our family.

Thank you for the love you have shown to Ryan and to our family.

Love, Bridgette and Barry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally found a link to you again! I wanted to thank you for the wonderful candle and goodies (you made my day). Ryan continues to be in my prayers and I'm so glad to hear he's doing well and is happy. My love to you all.
Chris Hogan