We welcomed Elder Christman to Chapel Hill on Tuesday! He is from Soda Springs Idaho and enjoys all things outdoors, especially hunting. He describes himself as a ‘hick’ and is extremely excited about the work.
Elder Roseman and I had a great time learning at training meeting in Raleigh. It was really neat because it was my first time in the mission home. We met the six missionaries coming straight from the MTC; they are all so excited to be out here!
At transfer meeting we got to hear my trainer and first companion, Elder Kennah, bear his testimony. It was his last day in the mission. He flew back to Layton, Utah on Wednesday morning. It was a good experience for me to imagine what I would feel like at the end of my mission, and to realize some things I could change so I can go home with no regrets. It was kind of interesting . . . almost like how people re-evaluate their lives after someone close to them dies.
After Transfer Meeting, we then took Elder Christman straight to UNC campus to get him right into the work. We figured he would be kind of nervous, so I went to contact on my own and Elder Roseman was going to talk to people with Elder Christman. Elder Roseman’s phone rang and when he hung up, Elder Christman was already teaching somebody! We are trying to help him direct his energy in effective ways to accomplish his goals. He has a heart of gold and I am so glad to have his enthusiasm in our companionship!!!
Thank you for all of your letters, prayers and support.
Elder Walters
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment