Tuesday, March 07, 2006

March 8, 2006

Dear Family and Friends,

Since we last wrote, I have been able to spend a lot of time with my Dad and my brother, Tyler.  On the weekends, Dad and I usually read talks from General Conference or other talks that Tyler has sent to me.  Mom goes home on Saturday afternoon and Sunday to get caught up on things there and spend time with Kaitlyn.

Tyler flew from Charlottesville on Saturday night and he and Rebecca will be here until Thursday for Ty's spring break.  Over the weekend, I was able to get up for one hour on Saturday but my skin sore looked worse so now I am in bed until it looks better.  I haven't missed any therapy for over a week now.  On Friday, I worked on buttoning and unbuttoning buttons and tying shoe laces.  It was kind of slow but satisfying.  While Heather does range of motion and stretching exercises with me, we usually play a game like Trivial Pursuit or Battle of the Sexes.  It's fun to play with Heather and Tyler.  Tyler and I also played Battleship. 

I'm also eating a little better but I still feel nauseated.  I look forward to getting off my IV nutrition and fluids.  I'm also looking forward to not taking so many pills.  Last night I had part of a steak and cheese quesadilla from Chipotle that tasted very good.

I'm getting a new air mattress for my bed today that is suppose to help with the healing of my skin sore.  Heather is giving me an anodyne treatment, which is an infrared therapy to promote wound healing.  Today is my second treatment and they say it is looking better.

On Sunday after church, our whole family was here for Sunday dinner.  I love it when everyone is here . . . it feels like a party.

In the last few days, I've had other visitors.  Some friends of my parents, Kent and Betty, came to see me and brought a Favorites of Marvin Goldstein CD that I really like.  Jill Fairchild also brought her new baby, Gabriel, and Ben into see us.  The Andus family came on Saturday . . . they are always good to email me and I like it when they visit. Bishop Larsen and Robbi also came to see me and brought treats from Hawaii.  Thank you all!

Ryan Hatch, my brother-in-law, sent the following scripture from Doctrine and Covenants 58 versus 2-6.

 2         For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.

3         Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.

4         For after much tribulation come the blessings, Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory the hour is not yet , but is nigh at hand.

5         Remember this, which I tell you before, that you may lay it to heart, and receive that which is to follow.

6         Behold, verily I say unto you, for this cause I have sent you –that you might be obedient, and that your hearts might be prepared to bear testimony of the things which are to come;

Love, Ryan

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan and family, I am sorry i haven't kept in touch very well. Keep hanging in there. It was so nice of you to write about us when we visited briefly a few months ago. Are you going to be able to come to the reunion. I sure hope so. that will be fun and good for your mental health. The quotes and scriptures are so uplifting. Do you have many quilt signers? you can snuggle up in it also. It was meant for that, to bring you comfort.

love you and your family. ashlee