Dear Family and Friends,
Since I last wrote, I've been able to spend a lot of time with my Granny and Grampa. I've also been spending time with my brother-in-law's parents, Tom and Diane Henwood. Granny and Grampa drove all the way from Idaho and Henwoods flew from Soldotna, Alaska.
On Tuesday, I was able to be up in my wheel chair for the first time in about twelve days. My skin sore is looking much better but the doctor still wants to be careful. I had to be straight up and could only be in my chair for an hour. I used my hour up to go to occupational therapy. We posted a picture yesterday of Candace, Amanda and I playing Sequence. I also had fun taking off Candace's shoe and throwing it to my friend, John. Amanda put Candace's shoe back on and I tied her shoe lace.
Whitney made halibut au gratin and mashed potatoes for dinner and it tasted very good to me. We are now keeping a log of what I am eating to see if I am taking in enough calories to cut back on my intravenous feedings. I've also had a fever and the chills on and off during the last couple of days.
Last night we stayed up late with my nurse, Lilia, and tech, Raymond, while Lilia told us about the tribe she grew up in when she was in the Philippines. She makes us laugh. Lilia is a very loving, caring nurse and we have a lot of fun together.
My home teachers, Matt Ream and Steve Morrison came to see me this morning.
Today I was able to be in my chair for two and one-half hours. Amanda and I went down to the chapel to see what I could do on the keyboard. My right fingers have more movement than my left. I taught Amanda how to play "Heart and Soul." Playing the keyboard will be good therapy for my hands. The touch on the keyboard is much softer than a piano.
Granny and Grampa spent the day with Mom, Baby Tate and me. I really like to visit with them. They have always put family relationships first and as a result all of our family is very supportive of each other. I'm so lucky to have them for grandparents and role models.
We had a pizza party tonight with Whitney's family and Diane, Kalle and Madeline, my parents and Granny and Grampa. Aunt Kalle had Callum and Izzy for the day. Kalle usually comes to see us once a week. We are lucky the Davis family lives so close to us.
We found out on Tuesday that Tyler and Rebecca will be living in Denver this summer. Tyler has an internship with a real estate law firm whose office is in Highlands Ranch. Rebecca's baby is due the middle of June and Tyler's internship will start July 6th and go through late August. It will be great to have them here.
Our thought today comes from my Aunt Nan:
I saw a poster recently that made me think of you. It said: "our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst...a spark that creates extraordinary results." Your spirit is amazing and your positive approach will give you great results. Love, Aunt Nan
I love you all,
Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment