Monday, February 27, 2006

February 27. 2006

Hello Family and Friends,

Dad stayed with me on Saturday and Sunday nights and Mom was at home with Kaitlyn. On Saturday, Dad read a lot of Elder Holland's talks that Tyler had sent. It really helps to have inspirational and spiritual messages. Thanks a ton, Tyler. Dennis Potts also came to see me. Dennis and I used to play basketball together on Saturday mornings and I really like to talk with him.

On Sunday, the Priests brought the sacrament to Dad and me. I appreciate having them come faithfully each Sunday. Whitney's family came for dinner on Sunday night. We stayed out in the common area outside of my room and visited with other patients and their families. My Aunt Nan flew to Denver from Cincinnati on Sunday night. Callum calls Aunt Nan "Aunt Mae" which is a huge compliment since Spiderman's (Peter Parker) aunt is "Aunt Mae." Aunt Nan is helping Whitney and Justin out with baby Tate, Izzy and Callum and also spending time at Craig.

On Monday, Whitney's family and Aunt Nan came to see me. They came as I was finishing up exercise class. I also went to physical therapy and occupational therapy where I worked on stretching and arm exercises. It felt good to be up in my chair and have company. We also went to therapeutic recreation where they were cooking for the Mardi Gras party tomorrow afternoon.

Speaking of food, I still don't have an appetite but have had some apple juice today. My primary care doctor, Dr. Balazy, said I can have anything I want to eat but just to take it slowly. I felt nauseated over the weekend so I'm hesitant to eat. I'm taking my doctor's advice and taking it slowly. I feel like the IV nutrition is helping me to feel stronger and I look forward to when I can eat like normal again.

I'm glad to have Aunt Nan visiting and the recent addition of baby Tate. Most of all I'm thankful for my whole supportive family. Aunt Nan brought some special M & M's in gold and green that say "Go Ryan" and "Ryan Power." Thank you!

Tyler and Rebecca will be here this weekend. I love having visitors and hope that I will feel well when they are here.

Our scripture thought is from Steve and Margo Catts, and their children, Cheryl, Jill and Danny. Sister Catts was my seminary teacher my sophomore and senior year and she has been a great friend and teacher of the Gospel and life lessons over the years that I have known her.

What Would Jesus Do?

"For I came down from heaven,

Not to do my own will,

But the will of him that sent me."

John 6:38

We hope you have a great day.

Love, Ryan

No comments: