Friday, February 03, 2006

February 2, 2006 (part II)

THANK YOU for making a difference. “It’s not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts.” J.M. Laurence

In physical therapy I worked on rolling, electric stimulation, and balancing. It went well except we are still trying to find the exact places on my forearms to place the electrodes to stimulate the muscles that control my fingers.

In my education class a Craig graduate named Trish Downing spoke to us. Prior to her injury, Trish was an Olympic hopeful in cycling. She was hit by a car while she was training on a bicycle and is now a level T-8 paraplegic. In the past five years since her injury, she has gone on to compete in many competitions all over the world, including triathlons. She was VERY inspirational!

I had a group exercise class where we did weight training on the mats. In occupational therapy we played a board game called Sequence with Matt Ream, my Uncle Greg, my therapist, Gail, and myself. We needed to stop at 4:00 to go see the service dogs but I was declared the winner.

My Aunt Deb and Uncle Greg, Mercy and kids, and Whitney and Justin’s family were here to visit today. Uncle Greg wants to get me a service dog. Craig recommends that you wait until you have had your injury for at least two years before you get a dog. The Ingersolls also visited and helped me download from my computer to my IPOD. They also brought a special gift for me to play with. THANK YOU!

Gyros seem to agree with me. I had one for lunch and one for dinner. My appetite is much better.

My shivering and temperature started about five o’clock today and my temperature got to 102.5 by about nine so I had to have blood drawn to check for an infection. I think my body is still trying to figure out what happened to it!

My scripture from my scripture quilt is from Ron, Dayna, Lexie, Kassie, Riley and Ellie Andus. It is found in 1 Nephi 3:7. Thank you, Andus Family, for everything you have done for our family!

“And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.”

No comments: