(Above is a picture frame Elder Walters made for Sister Gwyn . . . while I can't read it, I can only imagine it is full of wonderful memories, lessons learned and insights shared. Sister Gwyn has been an unbelievable blessing to our son as well as the students in the Durham 3rd Ward. She has been the answer to many prayers and will always hold a special place in all of our hearts. Bridgette and Barry.)
These last two weeks have been amazing! I guess I’ll start where I left off last week. Christie is the young lady Elder Milovich contacted at the Pit. She not only called back, she has since met with us a bunch, been to church every week, gone to every other activity she can, met a lot of members, and most importantly read and prayed about the Book of Mormon.
Brad, our ward mission leader, invited Christie, Sister Gwyn, Cayce and the Elders to dinner on Friday. Christie told us she’s read and prayed about the Book of Mormon, she received an answer and would like to be baptized! She will be baptized this Friday, the 21st of November!
Sister Gwyn’s daughter is expecting in the coming months and Sister Gwyn has gone to help her. While her service at the Institute is over for now, she will be back to visit soon, hopefully!
The short months I knew Sister Gwyn from her time here in January were wonderful. She made a huge difference in my mission and my outlook on life.
We hope to welcome a senior couple here soon, however I am the first to admit that no person, no couple, no dozens of couples could ever replace the warm kindness that Sister Gwyn brought to the Institute and the Durham 3rd Ward. Sister Gwyn was instrumental in Christie’s welcome to the ward and countless other people’s lives. I am thankful I was privileged to serve with her and I hope to serve with her again. I also want to serve the rest of my mission as she served hers, by focusing on the Lord and forgetting myself.
I love you all! Thank you for your letters, love and prayers!
Brad, our ward mission leader, invited Christie, Sister Gwyn, Cayce and the Elders to dinner on Friday. Christie told us she’s read and prayed about the Book of Mormon, she received an answer and would like to be baptized! She will be baptized this Friday, the 21st of November!
Sister Gwyn’s daughter is expecting in the coming months and Sister Gwyn has gone to help her. While her service at the Institute is over for now, she will be back to visit soon, hopefully!
The short months I knew Sister Gwyn from her time here in January were wonderful. She made a huge difference in my mission and my outlook on life.
We hope to welcome a senior couple here soon, however I am the first to admit that no person, no couple, no dozens of couples could ever replace the warm kindness that Sister Gwyn brought to the Institute and the Durham 3rd Ward. Sister Gwyn was instrumental in Christie’s welcome to the ward and countless other people’s lives. I am thankful I was privileged to serve with her and I hope to serve with her again. I also want to serve the rest of my mission as she served hers, by focusing on the Lord and forgetting myself.
I love you all! Thank you for your letters, love and prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment