Elder Roseman and Elder Christman were in the “Daily Tar Heel,” UNC’s newspaper! The article focused on what life is like as a missionary and is a great example of how the media can be a way of sharing the gospel and clearing up misconceptions. These Elders are my companions right now, and Elder McDougle, also in the article, was recently transferred from our district. I was really sad to see him go, and the article came out the day after he left! You can see the article at lds.org/news click on ‘around the world’ and it’s the 4th or so article down, under Feb 8th.
(I posted the article on the blog on Saturday. Please see the post below. Bridgette)
Elder Ballard has spoken quite a bit about the great importance members have to talk about their religion and clear up misconceptions. The internet is a wonderful way for Mormons to talk about what they believe, and not leave it to others.
There is a great promise that the Lord will guide us in our efforts to share the gospel found in Doctrine and Covenants section 100:5-7:
5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;
6 For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.
7 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things.
Thanks for all of the support and for your prayers!
Love, Elder Walters
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment