December 3, 2007
Hello! We had a great week, with some great successes and tough times, too. Maria had set her baptism for the First of December, this past Saturday, but wasn’t able to go through with it. Over Thanksgiving break, her parents asked her to stop investigating the Church, meaning to stop going to any Church activities and cut all ties with members.
The past year of investigating the Church has been so hard for her, but I’m sure that one day she will join the Church. She’s said so many times that she just knows it’s true, including a really powerful testimony she gave a few months ago. We have to just continue to do our best to support her.
Cayce has decided to be baptized on the 12th of January! My mom wrote to her and told her a little about her own conversion story and the benefits that she’s enjoyed as a member. I think it really helped Cayce see how much her decision will benefit her now and her future family.
She has been investigating for 3 years, and will be baptized and confirmed by her boyfriend, who is leaving on a mission in the Spring. It is so neat to be a part of her making this decision that was years in the making! There have been so many members who have influenced her, including Brother Nichols, the Chapel Hill Institute Director.
Erik has also decided to be baptized, probably on the 29th of December! Erik is also a student at UNC, as are Cayce and Maria, and has a member girlfriend about an hour south of Chapel Hill. He is so fun to teach and talk to. He really seems to understand the Gospel.
The other day, we read from Alma 34 and Alma 7:11-12, about how Christ took upon Himself not only our sins, but our pains and sorrows and sicknesses. It was amazing when he said something like, “I never knew that’s what the Atonement meant,” and said, “it is really powerful.” When he said that, it was probably my favorite part of my week, the Spirit was so strong. As I testify of the Gospel, it increases my testimony, but if I hide it, when I’m too scared to open my mouth, my testimony doesn’t increase, and I may lose what I already have.
I loved the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last night! Something that stuck out to me was the admonition to use Christmas time as a reminder to become more Christ like.
Thanks so much for all of your support and letters!
Elder Walters
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment