Saturday, July 21, 2007

Letters From The Field

As promised, we have started posting to Ryan's blog again. Following is the first email he sent to us after entering the MTC on July 11th. Ryan will be at the MTC for three weeks before leaving for Chapel Hill, North Carolina, where he will be serving with Brother Nichols at the Institute of Religion. Barry and I will drive with Ryan in his Toyota Sienna to North Carolina where he will be serving a service mission there for a year (with two possible six month extensions), health permitting.

I'll also post pictures from the last few months to catch you up on what's been going on in Ryan's life.

Our gratitude and love to all of you who have made this experience possible!

Bridgette and Barry

July 12, 2007

I had a great experience at the MTC today! I was really nervous and really excited going in today, but it's now almost all excitement! I was so, so hot, all day long-that suit and ninety degree weather don't go well together! I am excited to work on just being a better missionary, and I don't see how I will have a ton of time for everything else while in the MTC I've only got 18 more days at the MTC, I'd better make the most of them. I'd better get to bed-if I want to be there for the first lesson I need to wake up in six hours-yikes! I love you all very much. Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
Elder Walters

No comments: