June 26, 2006
Dear Family and Friends,
Today was my first day back at school in over a year. It was interesting being a freshman again although this time I had my mom and dad to accompany me. We woke up early today to have a small procedure done at the urologists’ office in which they tested my bladder capacity. I have normal bladder capacity but we are going back to see the doctor on Wednesday to discuss other test results. After that interesting start to my day, we headed to BYU campus to begin my first class, American Heritage, with Professor Pope. It was a large lecture class with approximately 300 to 400 students that meets on Mondays and Wednesdays for two hours. On Friday, we have a lab with about 25 students where we discuss the material that was previously lectured on and also take quizzes. The teacher uses a slide show presentation and incorporates small, humorous segments of videos to illustrate his points. It is a unique way to learn and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I also decided to take a religion class by Brother Bott, “Sharing the Gospel”, as it was recommended to me by many former students including my brother, Tyler. A former mission president, Brother Bott has a very entertaining yet spiritual attitude. His class is very enthralling as it teaches about many different gospel principles. He has a lot of energy and a great love for the gospel.
My first day of college was awesome!
Since we last wrote, we have had lots of family come to see us. My Dad flew in on Thursday. Aunt Mona, Uncle Jeff and Ashlee’s boys, Peter and Andrew came to see us in
Whitney, Hayley, Callum, Isabelle and Tate drove from
We are starting to think of
It’s late so I better get ready for bed.
Love to you all,
Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment